Safety is the most important component of this event. The organizers insist that you adhere to this safety information for your safety and all other event participants. While we have tried to outline the necessary information for you to have a safe ride, please remember that this event can be dangerous! Be careful, your safety is your responsibility. Ride at your own risk! Safety violaters will be removed from the event and future events.
This is NOT a closed course ride – there will be vehicular traffic on the roads with you! Please be cautious around curves and downhills, and remember to stay in the right lane at all times. Traffic in the oncoming lane WILL NOT be stopped.
- HELMETS ARE REQUIRED AND MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES!
- Be alert and respectful to other riders.
- Be aware of vehicular traffic. Obey all traffic laws.
- Reduce downhill speeds.
- Use your brakes sparingly and evenly on descents, rims can heat up from brake pad friction.
- Watch for overheating brakes.
- Ride single file and stay to the right at all times.
- Beware of unexpected wind gusts.
- Aerobars are cautioned due to the excessive speeds during the descents on the mountains.
- Heed course marshal warnings.
- Watch for bumpy road conditions. Carry extra tubes, a pump, etc. so you are prepared for hazards.
- No earphones, iPods, MP3 players, etc.
- Unexpected weather changes (cold, heat, wind, and rain) can quickly occur in the mountains to be prepared by having extra layers of clothing.
- No child carriers.
- There are NO private SAGs allowed on the course on the day of the ride.
- Be aware! The Three Gap route make a very sharp left turn onto Hwy-180 shortly after Vogel State Park.
- The Six Gap and Three Gap routes makes an extremely curvy sharp right turn into R-Ranch (after the descent down Woody Gap). PLEASE EXERCISE CAUTION ON THIS TURN!
- Please be alert and exercise caution at all times on this ride. There are some dangerous sections on the route. Ride smart and remember: Your safety is in your hands.